Tuesday 14 May 2013

Pool Days and Game Nights

Spring in Singapore definitely “sprung” upon us and flew by just as fast!  Mark and I found it hard to believe that, as of the end of April, we have been in Singapore 2 years!  But, like they say, time flies when you’re havin’ fun!

A big part of the fun things I’ve/we’ve done to keep busy revolve around coffee group.  Like I said in a previous post, I joined an expat coffee group earlier in the year that meets every Wednesday in the mornings.  It’s not just U.S. expats but women relocated to Singapore from all over – Australia, Europe, other parts of Asia – you name the place and we likely have someone in our coffee group from there!  Bonding with other women in my same situation has been a great way to meet new people.   

Aside from just the once a week coffee meet-up which I routinely look forward to, the ladies I’ve met in coffee group have also helped keep me busy during the day with activities ranging from workouts to lunches to pool parties.   

Trying Vietnamese noodle soup with the girls from coffee group
Coffee group girls celebrating Ashley's birthday at Din Tai Fung, a dumpling restaurant
The girls at our pool (L to R: Bahar, Niki, Amy, Kristy)
Mark and I have made quite a few friends through this group and plan a lot of our weekend hangouts with those friends.  Fun recent activities include: celebrating a friend’s birthday at Tanjong Beach Club, enjoying some Mexican food during a night out, and participating in a Minute to Win It party inspired by the T.V. show!
Amy and I had a baking session to make a cake for her husband, Evan's, birthday. Who would have ever thought that I would be teaching someone how to bake?! (As you can see, Colt helped too!)
Friends at the beach club celebrating Evans birthday!
Drinks on Club Street (L to R: Niki, Amy, Charlotte, Melissa, Kristy)
Mexican food at Lucha Loco: Charlotte, Niki, Melissa, Kristy, Amy, Evan, Nate, Dan, Mark, Rod
Mark and I enjoying drinks at the Club Street whiskey bar
The Boys (L to R: Dan, Nate, Evan, Mark)
Minute to Win It party! These pictures are ridiculous but too funny not to share! Mark, Brad, and myself trying to get oranges inside a hula hoop with a banana.
Still trying! Mark already got his oranges inside the hula hoop!
Trying to get an Oreo from our forehead to our mouths using only our face - notice Mark's celebration!
Bubble Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment