Monday 16 May 2011

Colt Update

Colt ready for his dip in the pool at Mutts & Mittens

What an angel!

Working on his tricks...Mark that is, Colt didn't need much practice ; )

Colt and I enjoy 3-4 visits together a week.  During our time together we usually do a walk, fetch some toys or sticks, work on tricks, take a swim, and, of course, he gets lots of love!

By-the-way, when I say "we fetch" I still mean that I am doing most of the fetching.  And when I say "we take a swim" I mean that Colt sits on the steps in the water looking at me like I'm crazy for trying to coax him out into the pool until eventually I give in and just come wet him down on the stairs which is what he wanted all along anyways.

When I visit, Colt always seems happy to see me and does not seem unhappy with his living conditions.  Thus far, we are still pleased with Mutts & Mittens' care and would use them again when we travel.  However, Colt being in boarding in Singapore makes me realize how different attitudes here are from attitudes in the U.S.

Here, I find myself "auditing" the boarder by making unannounced visits where I check to make sure the air conditioner is working, the cage and bed are clean, and the water is fresh.  They don't seem to mind because they have given you their word that they will take care of your dog so they do.  In the U.S. I used to do these audits in private because all the cages had their own webcam, almost like the boarders already knew you were going to be suspect of their care.  It seems like people in Asia are so much more trusting of each other.  In our 4 years here, that is one thing that I genuinely hope to take away from this experience, more faith in people.

I'll get there (maybe).  But for now, I'm just really excited because if everything goes off without a hitch then we should be reunited with Colty Boy in less than 1 week! Sunday the 22nd to be exact! YAY!

Side note: When Colt does break free, I'm still not sure what his friend prospects are going to look like. I've been searching high and low on the internet through Google and Singapore pet forums for other people in Singapore with Great Danes and have so far found zero-but I'm still looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment